Millennials. Love 'em or hate 'em, most brands gotta have 'em - and none more so than the Auto Insurance industry. Effective creative for Millennials often involves family and kids, provides practical information, stretches their limited dollars, and helps them get ahead. For posts on other industries looking at competitive advertising effectiveness, try our Resources page here.
Five Insurance Ads Beloved by Millennials and a few also Liked by GenPop
With their short attention spans, Millennials test lower on creative effectiveness for Awareness and Messaging, but higher on Reputation and Call-to-Action. The creative below shows the necessary ingredients to produce more effective creative for this audience.
Two Auto Insurance ads that rocked it with BOTH Millennials and GenPOP
- Farmers Insurance “Gaps in Coverage” is in first place with great humor and visuals: (Click to play).
- Allstate’s “Now U Know Allstate Reality Rides” is in second place with a simulator console treatment, perfect for those who are hooked on video games:
Three ads great for Millenials, but NOT for GenPOP:
- Progressive’s “Apocalypse” showing a Millennial playing video games while the city burns around him rates third for Millennials but not so much for GenPop. Again, humor and big visuals make it work.
- Esurance’s “Coverage My Way” ads featuring Lindsay Lohan are a bit beyond the typical non-Millennial, but the younger folks get it and rate this one fourth.
- Finally, American Family Insurance’s “Dream Fearlessly” with Jennifer Hudson did not resound with GenPop, but showed the biggest gain of all against Millennials!
For Creative Scores on any of the ads above, click here! For more on competitive intelligence for advertising, see our resource page. You'll also find blog posts such as: Competitive Intelligence for Telecom; Competitive Intelligence for Restaurants and Competitive Intelligence for Personal Care, to mention a few.
How the ABX Testing is Done
ABX provides ad effectiveness scores from human respondents against 14 variables and in all media types. ABX Index values are a comparison of the results of an ad versus the average of all ads in the ABX database (100,000+ ads). Click for more information about definitions and methodology.
Why You Want to Subscribe to this Blog
Where else can you get free ad effectiveness data for your competitors?
And There's More ...
ABX is also offering an e-book, “Four Key Performance Indicators to Decrease Advertising Investment Risk & Build ROI," which shares insights gained from the world’s largest database of benchmarked ads. With this e-book, you will learn the characteristics of powerful ads and how your ads can be more successful in driving results.